ICS Blog Hop Technique Time

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

It's the first Wednesday of the month and you know what that means right?  Inspire, Create and Share Blog Hop!   I am super excited about our theme this month we all know it's back to school time which means a time to learn....so we thought we'd share some fun techniques so all our stampin' friends could hopefully learn something new this month too!  Enjoy!

I choose the Masking Technique which is one I really should do more often it opens you up for some very creative stamping!  My card is pretty simple, you can really get a lot of different layering and dimension from masking!  

 
I started by stamping the little Eskimo image in the middle, then I stamped her again on a post it note and laid that over her.  Then I stamped the Eskimo's on either side leaving the post it note mask on the center Eskimo!  Cute and easy.

Once you've made a mask I recommend storing it in your stamp case so you can use it again and again!  

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Cookie-Cutter Christmas
Ink:  Memento Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White and Basic Black
Misc:  Gently Falling Embossing Folder, Snowflurry Punch, Triple Banner Punch, Basic Black Satin Ribbon (retired), sequins from a previous Paper Pumpkin Kit


Here is a u-tube to help explain this technique, if your reading this post via email click on the Flying Stamper to watch the video.

Thanks for stopping by, please continue on the hop and let's see what my good pal Darla has to share with us this month!



http://stampinwithdarla.blogspot.com/2016/09/ics-blog-hop-technique-time.html


Pin It!

10 comments :

Nichole Loe said...

Super cute card, Deb! I always forget about masking. Such a great technique!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Love this Deb! Masking is a great technique and this is a perfect card for it. I love the gently falling embossing folder with your little Eskimo girls :)

Mary Wildi said...

I love masking!

Terri said...

Deb, I love this technique with the Eskimo. So cute!

Claudia Perry said...

very cute! And great tip to store your mask with the stamp set!

Tammy Dunlap said...

Very cute Deb!

Stampin with Darla in AZ said...

Love how you stamped directly on the embossed layer. Masking is fun. I was always afraind to try it. Then i realized how simple it really is!

Megan T said...

I need to do more of this masking technique! It's perfect for this stamp set & punch!

Anna said...

Cute card - I am in love with that stamp set and punch! Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

Such a fun card and I love the simplicity of the black and white!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin