ICS Blog Hop Spring Is In The Air

Wednesday, March 11, 2015


 Yahoo it's time for the monthly blog Hop!  This month the theme is Spring Is In The Air...and we're showcasing products from the Occasions Catalog.  I love Spring.....ya know why?  Cause Summer follows Spring and that is my favorite!  Anyways here is my project, this is a BIG CARD...you know sometimes you need one of those and I am usually challenged with that...but I think I nailed it this time.  The dimensions on this card are 8 x 5. 



Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics
Ink:  Daffodil Delight
Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Painted Blooms DSP
Misc:  Butterful Basics Thinlits, Designer Label Punch, Daffodil Delight Cotton Ribbon

And I feel I must give credit to fellow demonstrator Chris P from Buckley for my card's inspiration I was a demonstrator shoebox swap and this was her card that we got to create at the meeting, her card is the regular size 5.5 x 4.25, she used the smaller butterfly thinlit.  The larger one does fit on this size of card too though in case your wandering!

 
I've published this u-tube before but I wanted to share it again on the best way to get a nice clean cut on the butterflies.....for me I've found it's best to go back and forth about 6 times.  I get a little work out this way too!  If your getting this post via email please click Flying Stamper to watch the u-tube!

 
Thanks for stopping by now your on to visit my friends Darla and Nancy over at the sisters blog! 


http://stampinwithdarlaandsisters.blogspot.com/2015/03/ics-blog-hop-sping-is-in-air.html


Pin It!

12 comments :

Tammy Dunlap said...

Awesome cards Deb! Those butterflies are gorgeous!

Terri said...

Pretty cards Deb! Love this technique!

Eva Bussom said...

Love all the butterflies Deb! :) Eva

Unknown said...

Great color combos

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! May have to get those thinlits! Thanks for sharing.

Joni said...

Nothing says spring like butterflies!!!! Very pretty!!!!!

Olivia Loves to Stamp said...

I love the colors. The butterfly really stands out. Nice card Deb.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Love the card!! Sure wish I would have ordered the Butterfly Thinlet when it was available, dang! Lynn

Tina said...

Very pretty Deb! I think I will have to get the Butterfly Basics thinlits now.

Stampin with Darla in AZ said...

Love your card!! Very cool of you to share the inspiration and the video!

Nichole Loe said...

Love your card! I love those butterflies!! I also really like the double matting of your decorative label punch. I haven't done it like that before.

Jen said...

This is just gorgeous! I love this layout and design. I feel a CASE coming on!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin