For Your Country Honor Flight

Friday, May 6, 2016


This is a first for me making a sympathy card in Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock!  I used the stamp set For Your Country and Night of Navy in.

So would you like to know more about why I created such an out of the box card?  Sure you do.....I know you do.....well if you don't just don't read anymore....but it's kinda special!

About 2 weeks ago I was advised I would be working an Honor Flight.  For those don't know what an Honor Flight is....in a nutshell we were carrying a WWII American Hero and his family to Washington DC so he could be interred at Arlington National Cemetery.  

What made this even more special though is that this man's daughter is also a Flight Attendant and is a super sweet lady who I've had the pleasure to work with!  So when I read about this I wanted to do a special card for the family and that is the reason for the patriotic theme. 

As it turned out another one of the flight attendants on our flight that day was coming in from Hawaii and she brought a beautiful memory lei for the family.  So we had the entire crew sign the card, our Captain made that extra special too with some words he said and towards the end of the flight we presented the card and the Lei to my friends Mom!  It was super emotional and all of us had tears in our eyes when we presented it and told her thanks for her service as a Veterans' wife.  

This is just one of many reasons I love paper crafting so much...the little things that allow me to connect and brighten someone's day!


Pin It!

1 comments :

Unknown said...

Thats a very nice card! I'm glad I got that set. thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin