What did Deb do this week?

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Just a little stamping this week I mostly spent a lot of time in my kitchen playing with apricots!  On Tuesday afternoon I was given a large box of apricots by my downline and friend Cindy.  THANK YOU Cindy.  


So the race was on what to do with them.  I shared  with my parents, a friend and some neighbors that have been kind to us.  Then I got busy finding ways to save them.  For three days we ate the overnight oats with apricot!  You can do this with any fruit, I often travel with overnight oats!  Here is the recipe put in your jar in this order:  1/2 cup oatmeal (I use gluten free organic), 1/2 coconut milk (you can use any milk of your choice), 1/2 cup greek plain yogurt (you can use any greek yogurt I just try and reduce sugar), whatever fruit or berry you want goes on top. My husband likes a drizzle of honey on the top of his...I do not...again the sugar thing.   In the fridge it goes and in the morning whola breakfast is all ready!  Mix it together and enjoy right from the jar!  Great  fun meal for kids!

Next I froze 4 trays of them!  

Made Apricot Ice Cream in my vitamix!  Here is the recipe for that....total YUM FACTOR:   http://www.homegrown-kitchen.co.nz/2014/01/08/best-apricot-icecream-ever/  I cut the amount of honey and I used the whole can of coconut cream from Trader Joes (only place I've been able to find that stuff). 

Dinner on Friday night was enjoyed with some friends and I made this lovely grilled apricot arugula grilled salad:

So I was pretty busy being a foodie this week and very little stamping occurred....but I did get an order for some welcome cards (Thank you Lynda)  for a neighborhood that does welcome bags...so I whipped up something quick and cute for that....there are the two versions of those:


Have a really awesome blessed rest of your wkend, I am headed to the friendly skies tomorrow but I'll try and do a post or two on the road this week...for once I am prepared with some photos!


Pin It!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin