Flamingo Lingo and Cards for Kids Service Project!

Friday, March 27, 2015


I am excited to announce a new Service Project for 2015 for the Flying Stampers!  A few weeks ago when I was working down at the Orting Food bank I learned about a great project that a local book club was doing for the Food bank.....they make up Birthday Bags for Kids!  The bags contain a cake mix, frosting, invitations, favors and a small gift for the child...basically everything for a birthday party....but NO BIRTHDAY CARD!  OMG!

I have been on the look out for something for us to do for a few months now....so I asked for the information for the lady that coordinates the bag contacted her and they would love to add a hand stamped card for the child!  They gave out 125 bags in 2014 so we are going to be busy!

We will start today getting 24 cards done during Ronald McDonald Class...those will be delivered to them on Monday.  Then we'll just continue through the year at various events.

So if you would like to donate a card or two or three please do once we're stocked up I'll let everyone know we can take a break till they run low again.  You can bring cards to class or events you see me at, work, to my home or mail them to me.  I will organize by type (girl or boy) and get them to the coordinator! 

Here is the "girl" card we're making in class!


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Flamingo Lingo
Cardstock:  Whisper White and Best Year Ever DSP (Sale-A-Brations..free with $50 order 
                    but hurry ends 3/31)
Ink:  Calypso Coral
Misc:  Best Year Ever Accessory pack for ribbon and button, Fringe Scissors (on sale right now till 3/30), Scallop Tag Punch

Have a great Friday...see some of you today and some of you tomorrow for Stampin' Fun,


Pin It!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin